Saturday, April 18, 2009

Blizzard to 70 in no time at all!
Wednesday it snowed 4 inches in Payson and 13 inches in Alpine! Friday it warmed up enough for Jeff and I to go golfing, which was a lot of fun, but quite a change in weather. Today the prognosticators are saying in the high 60's tomorrow in the 70's. I thought it might be fun to put some pictures of the blossoms which are out now. The apricots have come and gone, however the cherries are just coming in.


This is the Lemon Peach just about to blossom

Again the Lemon peach, man I love this peach tree!
And now the fabled cherry trees!



As you can see things are looking pretty good, however if a later freeze comes we are in trouble.

Last Monday night for FHE I planted some of the cooler plants from seeds: I got Swiss chard in, along with Peas, Onions, and Kohlrabi. I was just beginning to put in some potato sets when a neighbor crowd descended like a cloud of locusts. There were all of a sudden 12 little kids wanting to know if they could help. So I gave them each a potato set and began to dig the holes for them to put them in. One little guy just set his on the trail and proceeded to try to pound it in. I showed him we have to dig a hole and bury it. (I don't think his is goin to make it!) then we covered them all up and that was it. The kids said "thats all!?" They were disappointed, and I was glad, I think they would have driven me crazy if there had been more! That Wed. one of the boys yelled down the street if the potatoes were up yet! This might be a long season! I'm not sure how to deal with 12 kids asking how their potato is doing every 2 days. Oh, well a good experience.

Dad

1 comment:

Devan and Robyn said...

Wow, Lowell!! It looks likes Spring!! We are jealous here! Our good weather is gone!! It was 102 today! Sad :0( I can't wait to hear about the Potatoes!!