Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Now you see it, Now you don't

Bless the our neighbors hearts! I asked Bro. Caldwell what he was doing with his almond tree in the back yard. He had cut it way back. He said he was going to cut it out, but was waiting for a chain saw...mmmm!!! "Chain saw" I said. I ran home and fired up the old "Stihl" saw and cut it down in a couple of minutes. I was feeling pretty good, when Sister Caldwell asked how Evelyn was doing? "Fine" I said; then came the kicker! "How are your doing," I didn't want just cry right there and blubber out "lonely" so I said...."I'm fine." (This might be a litte dramatic, but it is a good story. I REALLY am doing relatively well and better than I thought without Mom here!)
Back to the story. Emily said "I'd like to bring dinner over if I can, when would be a good night!" I graciously said "No, no need" (I like eating chicken patties every meal. (three of them) nothing else.) She insisted and set the night for tonight.

I should have taken a before picture but couldn't wait



If you will imagine then pan half filled with green salad and half with a delicious casserole, mmmm! and the plate with chocolate-chip cookies well I just couldn't wait and take a before shot. So you will have to settle for the after shot.

LESSON:
Sometimes you are the giver and other times the reciever. The trick is to swallow your pride and let others help you out!

GARDEN UPDATE:
Here are some of the tulips that survived the deer. They would come through at night an clip off the tulips at dirt level, so these came back from just being nubs.

they are very pretty when left alone. I'm thinking of applying for a drepredation permit with the fish and game and bag a little tulip fed venison! Lucky for the culprits, they have moved up the mountain now and are nowhere to be seen.

Love you all!

Dad

2 comments:

Lara Family said...

Hi dad! Your garden looks great, and it is lucky that those culprits are in the mountains now. I'm glad you have great neighbors to take care of you, I feel like a shmuck.
I hope things with grandpa go good, any news yet about it???

Cheramie said...

i love the tulips, good thing they're resiliant. i've got a solution to your 3 chicken patty a day diet-come out here! we're eating great!